Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Vacation is over

I think that vacation has come to a close.  We had a fabulous trip at the beginning of June.  I returned to some busy volunteer work with the Art on the Street program.  Then, I retreated to the mountains for a quick respite with my daughters.  Ahh! Vacation.

Now, it's over. 

Reality is here - still the laundry and the cleaning are waiting for me.  And I have been missing working in my studio.  Missing creating things.  Missing writing several times a week.  Missing being in routine.  Vacation reminded me how important all those things were.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE vacation!  Who wouldn't love to live like that all the time?  But, really, routine is nice, too. 

With just 7 more weeks of summer break left, I think we will fall into the lazy routine of summer.  Taking time to create and write; taking time to play and enjoy friends; and taking time to get the chores done!

Don't cry because it's over,
smile because it happened.
-Dr. Suess

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great vacation - sorry you had to come back to the "real world" (chuckle). I always feel a bit alien when I come home after a while spent somewhere else, and it takes a few days to get back into the 'normal' routines of my life.

    ReplyDelete