Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Art with Hearts - continuing collage

I have been working on collage a lot these days.  I have been exploring texture and combination... using found objects and creating objects to use.  I love incorporating words and quotations in my work, must be my English teacher background.

I recently hung this one in my black and white bathroom.  Although not totally black and white, this piece has undertones of tan and green.  I use a math flashcard, a printed ornament, and a vintage filling station receipt.  The black and white heart is elevated by painted foam core.  The entire piece is mounted on a flat canvas and framed in an old recycled frame.  I love the vintage feel of the piece and the peace that the uniformity of color brings.

1 comment:

  1. I love the collages! Thanks for sharing.

    Shanon

    ReplyDelete