Friday, March 18, 2011

Recipe - Mom's Brownies


This is my mom's brownie recipe.  The one she got from the back of the Baker's Chocolate Box.  This is the recipe she wrote out - the one she made so often.  The recipe card is well worn, it's been used many times.
Brownies from scratch are really a cinch.  My girls make them - from start to finish, with no help. 
They are gooey, rich, and delicious.  I hope you enjoy.


Brownies

4 squares semi-sweetened chocolate
¾ cup (1 ½ stick) butter
1 ½ cups sugar (with semisweet chocolate, I use 1 1/2 instead of the 2 cups in the original recipe)
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup nuts (optional) or 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Put chocolate and butter in microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir sugar into melted chocolate until well blended. Stir in eggs and vanilla until completely mixed. Mix in flour until well blended. If desired stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Spread into greased 9”x13”. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean.


• DO NOT OVERBAKE
• Cool on pan, cut into squares
• Makes 24 brownies

2 comments:

  1. My stomach went grrrrroowwwlll when I imagined the yumminess of these brownies. Then I remembered ... the doctor says no sugar. No sodium. No saturated fat. Sigh. Sniff. Maybe if I made some I could just sit there and smell them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made brownies this week too. Gluten free of course, with lots of pecans!!!

    Shanon

    ReplyDelete