Friday, May 27, 2011

Recipe - Flank Steak Marinade

Another family favorite for summer-time grilling.  This is my go-to recipe for grilled flank steak.  This recipe came to me with no measurements from my mom, but was originally from my Great Aunt Jane and Great Uncle Fred.   It would also work well on flatiron steak.
Flank Steak Marinade
1 cup red wine
1 cup soy sauce
1/4 c olive oil
2-3 T chopped fresh thyme
2 cloves garlic, pressed
black pepper, freshly ground

Mix all ingredients.  Put marinade and steak into a ziplock, seal tightly.  Marinate for several hours, up to 24. 
Drain and grill to your desired degree of doneness.

This marinade does a great job of imparting delicious flavors that enhance the steak.  It is a great one to serve to company.  I like to serve with crusty French bread, grilled vegetables and a bright summer salad, and of course a glass of wine.  One of the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment