Monday, May 30, 2011

Time to slow down

The school year has come to a close and it sure did fly by.  Thinking about time - and it's ever increasing speed, I thought about two things.  The first was a conversation with my 12 year-old, who one night when I was tucking her in, said, "Mom, time is going by too fast. I wish it would just slow down."
I almost cried.  She's only 12.  If time is whipping by for her now, what will it feel like when she's my age? 

The second was at dinner several months ago.  My 9 year old was looking out the window, got up from the table, grabbed her camera and said, "I've got to take a picture."  Resisting the urge to tell her to return to the table and eat, I joined her outside.  She took several beautiful photos - that wouldn't wait until after dinner. 

In that moment, we both slowed time, and enjoyed that moment. 
Slow down and enjoy life.
It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast -
you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.

Enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment