Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Collage with a Cause

About a month ago I received a letter and a pendant from someone I don't even know.  It was a lovely, hand written letter, you know, the kind people don't send anymore.  The letter detailed the gratitude and pride that the sender had for a family member of mine who is serving in the military overseas.  The pendant was in the design of the Blue Star Banner.  An enclosure card detailed the history of the Blue Star Banner. The banner, designed in 1917, is seeing a resurgence in use among families of those deployed overseas.  This bit of nostalgia and history is bittersweet, yet  heartwarming.

I created these three collages in response to the gift I received from the Commander's wife.  I will send these to her, and she can use them to send to other families of servicemen and servicewomen who are serving overseas.
Whatever you may think of politics and war, the men and women overseas are deserving of gratitude and appreciation for their service and sacrifice.  May they all return safely home.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I had never heard of the Blue Star Banner before. Good to know.

    Shanon

    ReplyDelete