Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Art by Inches

I am trying to reinvent myself in art.  What should I do?  Should I find a "real" job?  Should I continue with my volunteering and creating for myself?  What should I do with all those things I like to make?  Too many questions!!  that's for sure.
Inchies in progress.
The last question continues to haunt me.  I like to make things - collages, bags, purses, totes, candles, jewelry, ... but there is only so much a girl can keep and so much I can give away.  What to do with it all.
Two years ago, I became fascinated with miniature collages, called Inchies.  As the name suggests, these collages are an inch big.  One inch by one inch, to be exact.  I discussed inchies in this post.
I made quite a few.  Some I used on greeting cards, others ended up in a plastic box.  Until now.  I finally found something to do with an inch. 

Inchies mounted in a 5 x 5 grid, on painted canvas. The top is seales with Mod Podge.
Make a collage.  Now I have a new style of collage.  I really like the effect, the possibility of combination, the juxtaposition of ideas or the similarity of images.  One more thing to make!  Now, if I can only figure out what to do with the collages.

No comments:

Post a Comment