Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Post Card Collage

I have an extensive postcard collection, which you can view at my other blog, Postcards, etc.  I am in a quandary about what to do with all those cards.  Trash them?  Sell them?  Recycle?  Use them?  I find it hard to do any of the above.  I do, however, scan them and use the images. 
This collage uses a vintage postcard - a nifty fifty's one with the lady and the horse.  How very Dale Evans.  I have scanned the original, and used a smaller printed version of the card.  I also used a vintage - original Cold Remedy label, original vintage stamps - to go with the post card-y theme, and store bought embellishments (rub-ons, stickers, etc.) My favorite thing, perhaps, is the quotation by Marilyn Monroe.  I love using words in my collages!  (I guess I can't help that I was an English major.)  The entire piece is mounted on an 8 x 8 canvas and sealed.   
I love the overall effect - a little vintage, a tad western, a little kitsch, a bit artsy.  The message is fun, too.  Who wouldn't agree with Marylin Monroe:

I don't mind living in a man's world,
as long as I get to be a woman in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment