Friday, October 8, 2010

Recipe - Cranberry Salsa

Fresh from the store....
I love cranberries!  But is it that time already?  What should I make first?

I feel a recipe coming on...here's one that doesn't feel too wintery.

Cranberry Salsa
1 bag cranberries, washed and chopped
3 green onions, chopped
½ cup (or more) cilantro leaves, chopped
2 limes, juiced
½ - ¾ cup sugar
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced

Mix together gently.  Serve with corn chips, crackers, or tortilla rolls.  Also works well as with roast pork tenderloin.

  • To make spicier, add more jalapeno
  • Let sit in refrigerator 1 – 2 hours.
  • Can be made a day ahead, add cilantro before serving.

4 comments:

  1. The cranberry salsa is an absolutely fabulous recipe. I added it to me collection a few years ago and use it as long as the cranberries are available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops "my collection." - I really wasn't trying to sound like Popeye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting a link to your blog on FB!! this sounds yummy- I'm going to have to try the pumpkin dip too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kerry...love love love this salsa!!! Thanks for sharing since I can't seem to keep track of all of my recipes!!! Love the new blog!

    ReplyDelete