Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Purple Poppy

(WARNING:  Unsolicited advertising for my favorite boutique
- The Purple Poppy)

I have a new favorite store.  Not just because it's close by, not just because it's in Lafayette, not just because my lovely friend owns it, but because I love what they sell.  The Purple Poppy has beautiful custom rugs, lamps and furniture, but they also have a gorgeous assortment of home decor and personal accessories.  And, yes they have some fun art on the walls, too!  I know I can pop into the Purple Poppy and find a unique hostess - birthday - holiday - or just because gift.  I know they can wrap it for me in charming purple and lime.  I know that I can find a witty card.  I can find something new every time I go.

I have shopped for birthday, house warming, and hostess gifts.  They have the most distinctive napkin holders and unique vases, candlesticks, and paper weights.  I have bought things for my girls; the girls love their funky stuffed animals and colorful jewelry.  I have picked up a few things for myself.  I love the pick up sticks charms and nicely scented candles! 

So, if you want to buy local, if you want to support small business, if you want to give unique gifts that are several steps above the average, check out the Purple Poppy.  It is one of the many reasons I love living in my small town.

And, if you want to visit them out at their finest, attend next Tuesday's Snowflake Social to kick off the holiday season.  (6 - 9 pm, Tuesday, November 9) They will have all the usual plus some extra goodies, like hot chocolate while you shop and door prizes.  Maybe I will see you there.

Find The Purple Poppy in Lafayette in Atlas Valley (near the YMCA) at the south west corner of Arapahoe Road and 95th Street.  They are near Crawdaddy's Toys and Struttin' Pup.

Tell them I said hi when you stop in!

1 comment: